Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Needs of an Animal

I thought this was kind of funny and I even laughed a little while I was writing it into my journal one morning. My mom had just mentioned the other night that I hadn't come over to feed my cat at night for the past two nights (yes, I'm horrible, she's so sick from liver failure and thyroid issues and yet she's gonna die of starvation because I'm a bad mother!!). Granted, Mom fed her for me but the issue is that she's MY cat. So anyway I read this, Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel."

I laughed because it's so ironic that I would read that at the same time my mom scolded me about my cat! Whether you believe animals go to heaven or not doesn't matter, and I won't state my stance on it either because I don't want to get shellacked with animal people comments (haters or lovers of animals), but the point is that it's a small responsibility to feed my cat every night. She's mine, and even if my parents gave her to me it's a responsibility which God holds me accountable to even if it's small. Matthew 25:21 "Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things." I was reminded instantly of this verse after I read the Proverb, and I really felt kind of convicted about my lack of care for my cat! I mean I even wrote a blog about Pinky and how ridiculous it was to take to the vet all the time! Haha! So God does care about the little things in life, whether it's a small desire we have or a small responsibility we have.

1 comment:

matt lee ray said...

my parents told me after my hamster (BILLY) that died that i would get to see him in heaven some day..

they lied..