Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Good Things


I think some of the most random things in life are some of the best. for instance, the other day I was walking out to go running and one of our neighbors told me my shorts made me look like a lesbian. I could've gotten insulted but I understand that the rainbow stripe down the side is kind of a homosexual sign, but I've had the shorts since like, jr. high, and they've stayed so nice and in good condition! Anyways, I laughed because I figured, well if anyone thought I was a lesbian it would mean they didn't know me at all and if they just saw me running down the road, will I ever see them again? No.

Another random thing, walking into my bedroom to see my teddy bears either hanging from my bunk bed with a cell phone cord around its neck or tied up and blindfolded....it sounds so morbid and disturbing but I laughed out loud and screamed at Lauren out my window. I know she loves me and all but to the point of being jealous of the stuffed animals in my bed with me at night, that's kind of scary. Lauren, just because I wear lesbian shorts doesn't mean I am one! Haha!

And yesterday I accidentally called my boyfriend's mom by the wrong name (Patty instead of Peggy...haha) to his dad....that was the most embarrassing moment of the week by far. I don't know if he heard me say it or if he ignored it so I didn't feel like a huge tard but either way I felt like crawling in a hole. Besides looking like a I have a mullet when I put my hair in a ponytail, that was a pretty funny moment.

I'm just feeling goofy tonight, but I thank God for it. It's been a tough weekend, work has been draining and life is just difficult sometimes. But I thought about the times in life when we feel kind of separated from God, and even though we know we're not we still feel alone sometimes. But can you imagine being separated from God for all eternity? It hit me tonight. Not being in constant fellowship with Christ makes life more difficult even on a daily basis but imagine eternity being that difficult and more. That's what hell is. Hell=no bueno. No bueno=all evil. I'm a dork, sure, but you get my point.

No comments: