Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Good Mornings



I woke up this morning with lots of happy and exciting thoughts. Always a great way to start the day, right? :) Anyway, I love waking up and straight away reaching for my Bible, to get into God's word whether I'm happy, sad, angry, exstatic, whatever, it's a fulfilling way to start each day. I've been rereading Hosea because I like the book for it's redeption theme and to learn how God responded to his peoples' disobedience....not because I like reading about people getting in trouble, hahaha, that's twisted, but because it just shows another level in who our God is.


Hosea 6:4b "Your love is like the morning mist, like the early dew that disappears."


This is a charge against Judah and Ephraim but I find it completely appropriate for us too. Do you want your love for God to be like the morning mist or early dew? Sure we all go through funks in our walk sometime but even in those times there can still be the deep and devoted passion for God. I don't want my love for God to be something He feels is unstable, unreliable, untrustworthy. No I am not perfect, far from it, but I want God to know my heart is His....always.


So in contrast to Dew Love (I made that one up, haha, I feel cool) in the mornings, every morning let's wake up and have True Love. Expect to draw closer to Jesus, to let that love carry us through each day and wait in expectation that God will answer. Psalm 5:3 "In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." I prayed something one morning this week and believed in faith God would answer my prayer. I waited in expectation. He answered my prayer last night. I went to bed last night praising Him for His faithfulness, with gratitude in my heart. Psalm 92:1-3 "It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High, to proclaim your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night..."


So have great mornings with me! Let's walk in the constant truth of God and who He is, remembering salvation inthe morning, and praising Him every night.

1 comment:

matt lee ray said...

whenever i wake up.. the morning dew has been gone for like 5 hours..

there is something so real about just expecting it to happen after you talk to God.. i think God honor's that..