Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Home Church

Bedford Christian Community has been my home church for 7 amazing years. I've gone through so many good and bad times, both challenging and sometimes grueling, but BCC has always been my place of refuge and encouragement through all of those times. I never had it stuck in my mind that I'd stay at the same church my whole life, simply because I never knew, or thought that I knew, what the future would hold or where God would take me. Well this past Sunday I spent the morning at Faith Christian Assembly, the church I will be going to after Frankie and I tie the knot in September! My heart feels so torn sometimes, when you're faced with a situation where you lose something you love but gain something you love in return, it's such a bittersweet thing. I can't express my joy about going to FCA; it's going to be an amazing time of growth and new challenges, which Frankie and I will face as a married couple and as a team as we lead the young adults ministry there. I look back and can't believe how all the things I've been involved in and been a part of at BCC have prepared me for this point, where I'll be helping in the same areas at Faith. Isn't it cool to look back and see how God has prepared us and we don't even realize it until the crossroad comes?

Just like we discussed in youth group last night that we're all a piece of the puzzle of God's plan, so is every talent and ability we possess, every issue we face, and every mountain and valley we experience throughout life. Whether it's a lifestyle change or a change of mindset, it's all a part of God's master puzzle for our life, and our one life is a little piece in the master puzzle of His plan. So I'm changing churches.....I'm blessed to say I've been a part of Bedford, and I thank Pastors Nate and Rick, Wendy and Beth, Vanessa, Lauren, and Mike and Pam Hardy, for the leadership they've shown and impact they've had on my life while I've been at BCC.

I know these next 7 months are going to fly by so I felt this on my heart tonight....I just wanted to share with all of you BCC-ers how much I love you and appreciate you! Ephesians 1:16 "I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers."

5 comments:

Kel said...

It is awesome to look back and see how God was preparing us without us even knowing. I'll be praying for you these next seven months, getting married is so exciting, but there's something a little bittersweet about leaving a church that you love.

Jon said...

All right Libby. That's it!! I am not putting up with your crap anymore. I am sick of reading post after post of yours with all this flowery language, with all these important lessons you've learned and all these uplifting themes that just make me want to go find somebody to hug. You are not a one note wonder. I demand to hear a different tune. Give me rage, or maybe just anger, or give me bitterness, or give me nihilism or something. Isn't there anything in your life that just plain sucks? Hasn't anything ever happened that was just pointless and meaningless? Don't you at least have an annoying brother in law that is just the biggest idiot you've every met and you would like to do nothing more than scream at him? I demand that you provide a post that leads me to learn nothing. Post something that does NOT end on a positive note. There's more going on in your head than this. I'm not suggesting you go as far as this, but I want more. Rage. RAGE! RAGE!!

Web Designer said...

Hey Libby -
I know you will be missed much at BCC. I have truly enjoyed getting to know you over the years and watching you grow. You can always make me laugh :-)
Good luck to you in everything you do. You are going to LOVE married life - it's so awesome!!
In the meantime, make sure you keep and touch and don't forget your old friends who love you!!
Blessings Libby -
Tami

Vanessa said...

I am super proud of you Libby. It has been wonderful to journey with you these past years. God has so much more for you...it is so exciting. I love you my friend.

Anonymous said...

It has been a blessing watching you grow in your faith, wisdom and in your walk with the Lord. I am so excited for you and all God will be doing through you and your soon to be hubby! Be blessed, sweet girl! Love ya!
Oh, come visit me at my new blog..tugsaxiom.blogspot.com