Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Feed Me!!


We can all relate to being hungry. The other day I was so hungry I felt like I could eat a cow....I was working all day and even though I'm around food non-stop I never really feel like eating it. So I hadn't eaten anything. Frankie and I went to Red Robin that night and I seriously downed my entire burger....I'm not sure I've ever done that at Red Robin, I mean those burgers are big! It was funny, Frankie ordered a salad and the waiter who brought us our food naturally thought I ordered the salad, and Frankie the burger....that's a good way to make a girl feel like a heifer, haha!......

Anyway, I was really happy to get food. Eating is so much better when you're famished. But not everyone can just eat when they're hungry.....when I go to Haiti in March I believe I'll be seeing a lot of that kind of poverty. Worse than physical poverty is spiritual poverty. Lamentations 4:4 says, "Because of thirst the infant's tongue sticks to the rood of its mouth; the children beg for bread, but no one gives it to them." New believers are at such a risk of this, not being fed spiritually and even if they beg for that spiritual food the mature believers are so consumed in their own growth that they go unnoticed. One of my great fears is that I will overlook the needs of another believer because of my own. Doesn't the Bible say to put others before ourselves? It's even a common thing for grown believers who once believed crave something more, and because of their own intellect find themselves in dire need of some sort of spiritual fulfillment, but are looking into their own minds rather than the truth of God's love. Their tongues stick to the roof of their mouths and they crave bread, something to fill their empty stomachs, but nothing can really satisfy that emptiness except the real deal......it's like drinking pop instead of water, you can take in all you want but it only makes your thirst worse. Those tricky pop companies!!

No comments: