Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Humbled


I feel humbled today. Life is a blessing and sometimes it seems like everything couldn't be better, and then I open my eyes and realize some things have been neglected. Sure I get up and do my devotions every day. I pray, I want to follow God with my whole heart and just when I feel like my spiritual life couldn't be better, God rips that pride out of my hand. It isn't depressing, it's a good thing, and a necessary thing.

I made what's called demi-glace in school once. It's meant to be brought to a slow boil and then simmered for hours. If it boils it'll get grainy. In a moment of mindlessness I forgot to turn down the heat and the result was grainy. I let it go too far, and my hard work was no longer a thing to be praised but something to be fixed. Luckily there was a way to fix it....sure it wasn't "perfect" like I'd hoped, but it was still good. As a second-year student in the culinary program I was humbled, but I had another chance to fix what was wrong. It was necessary for my to learn to be careful next time.

Our daily walk is about Jesus, not about others, or about us, if it's anything else but Jesus pride slips in. Don't let your mind trick to you to believe it's anything else but about God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great insight, and you have a great heart!