Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Willing

2 Corinthians 8: 11-12

"11Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means. 12For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what he does not have. "

I like how this is worded, "so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it." Whatever it is that's being done, do you have an eager willingness to do it? Think about that last stretch in a race, the last 30 minutes of a long day at work, or the last hour of a long drive. Let your willingness to finish the task be as urgent as your desire to be done with it. We can easily have a strong desire to be done with something, but it takes effort to actually be willing to put our heart into the completion of it. When willingness is there we reap abundantly because a good attitude always produces more fruit. What we reap is a gift to the Lord, and He accepts it because it's from us living as a worship offering to Him.

God, I'm willing. My will is broken in light of all the plans You've ordained for my life. I rejoice in the grace you've extended to me, and I step forward with joy knowing you have already gone before me. My heart is Yours, Jesus, take it and fill it with desire, passion, and drive only You can give. With eager willingness I look forward to what You have in store!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anything interesting to post?