Sunday, October 5, 2008

Gated Community

So the apartments we live in is a "gated community", which means that there's a gate which you can only get through if you have the code or a key. But let me ask you this, what is the point if people whip through it all the time, tearing the gate off it's hinges? This has happend twice since we moved in, and even though they replace it, it still happens over again. We're going to keep a tab on how many times it happens while we live here. I mean now that we're married and we live together, our time isn't spent thinking about each other non stop so we have other things to think about....like gates being ripped off, leaving us unprotected and vulnerable to the misfits of ghetto community, known as Detroit. But as long as I have a glass bottle to break against the wall we're ok, cuz then my Mexican will come out and defend my keep. Not really. We actually live in Southgate and it's not scary here, although I did go to a gas station the other day and was worried I would get attacked since I'm not in Sylvania anymore. I feel like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz....."I don't think we're in Sylvania anymore, Toto...." No, Toto, we're in the Ghet-To.

No comments: