Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Cuando the Kitty and Scary Things

I'm staring out the window this dreary fall morning and I'm noticing that the pavement is all wet. I love the fall, and believe it or not, I even love the rainy fall mornings too. This is my favorite time of year....all the stores have the bright, autumn colors like red, orange, yellow, brown, burgandy, purple....and even though we don't celebrate holloween I still love all the funny decorations. I was at the store the other day and as I passed on of those holloween skeletons (you know, the ones everyone knows makes noises when you pass it), it started making it's evil laugh and I screamed bloody murder in the middle of the store.....that was cute. It scared me....a lot. And I like scary movies too, so I can handle freaky movies without nightmares but I can't handle fake skeletons at a craft store.

If I had a cat I think I could totally be a full time house wife. I love keeping up my place and making dinner....making sure the dishes are done and the laundry folded. Maybe I'm still in the dillusional state of newlywed-ness, but I've never had huge ambitions to be a world reknown chef.....being a support to my husband and homemaker, and someday a mom, has always kind of been what I look forward to. And I've always known God would use me mightily in that way and that I would truly find joy in it. But there comes a certain lonliness with being home alone all day when you don't work full weeks. So if I had a cat, it would be great. If I had a cat I would name it Cuando, and I would say, "Cuando! Commere, kitty! Mommy's gonna feed you!" And then we'd play with flashlight beams and strings, then we'd cuddle on the couch together while watching What Not to Wear on TLC. I'm just messing around, I think life would get depressing like that after a while, even with a cat...haha. I really do love being a homemaker though. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey libby... your blog colors are very "fall-y"! i'm really glad you enjoy being a homemaker... i think that someday i will enjoy being a homemaker too! i bet cuando would love watching clinton and stacy transform someone into a chic-fitted-jacket-and-wide-leg-trouser-wearing woman!